ILLOVO – The art fair is open to the public from October 1 to 3 at R150 a ticket.
It is once again time for South Africa’s unique art fair, the Turbine Art Fair (TAF).
The event brings together galleries, artists and curators from around the country to showcase and sell contemporary art.
Here are five things that you need to know about this year’s edition:
- This is the ninth edition of the Turbine Art Fair.
- This year’s edition will feature 30 exhibitors and 182 artists from Southern Africa.
- The art fair, founded by The Forum Company in 2013, was the first accessible and affordable South African art fair aimed at small scale and emerging galleries as well as emerging artists and collections.
- This year’s event can be viewed in person at 10 Fricker Road, Illovo or online at https://turbineartfair.co.za
- TAF Off the Grid, curated by Karel Nel, is a new feature exhibition which highlights four mid-career South African artists who will present a capsule solo exhibition at the fair. This is aimed at highlighting artists outside of the main gallery circuit, giving them a platform to sustain their practice.
The art fair is open to the public from October 1 to 3 at R150 a ticket.